Monday, June 27, 2011

Thing Thirteen: Web-based Applications

I have to say I'm not really a fan of Zoho writer, just in the fact you have to pay for it when Google Docs is free and I also already have Microsoft Office. I guess I'm a penny pincher and don't really like having to pay for something when you can find something pretty similar and possibly better, for free. I also needed another email address with that one, with my own domain. I already have a Gmail account and about one too many other emails that it's hard to keep up with. It seems like that's just something else I'd have to check often and I don't really want that. I had a little fun with the Google docs drawing. Here's my picture!
Along with the screenshot, in case the link doesn't work correctly for you. 

 That drawing took me about 5 minutes, if that. It also tells you the link where you located the picture, which can be really useful to credit the photographer. 
I think this would be a great way for students just to make little biographies about themselves. Give them an option of adding three images of things they love (like I did) and instead of writing what I wrote they can give me a little information about themselves then just save it all to a group of our class so we can all get to know each other a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment