Google really does have everything and I never even realized it. The only thing I ever really used Google for was just to search, I had no idea that it had so many untouched resources. My favorite thing would have to be the Google Calendar. It automatically incorporates all holidays and your contacts birthdays. The time slots would be fantastic for mapping out your lesson plans for each day of the week and then being able to go back and look at it to see what day you taught when and what time. Calendar's are already great tools and to have one online where you can access it from any computer, or phone, makes it so much easier to map out your schedule. Another tool I really liked was the Google translate, during high school I took French classes and I have to say that was my best friend and my survival through that course. A good use for this tool would be with ESL students to write letters to their parents or help the child work better incorporating their language and English into their homework.
I too blogged about both the calendar and translator! I found these most useful for me personally, especially the translator. Translating may become more common in the classroom setting as we will face instructing students with a language barrier.
ReplyDelete